Check out John Geddert's Success Videos today at http://johngeddert.com/
John Geddert is a USA National Team Coach as well as the Owner and Head Coach of Gedderts’ Twistars USA Gymnastics Club.
Take a moment to Become a VIP Member on the right side of this page. VIP members will receive email notification of new posts on this blog. And, as a VIP Member, you will be among the first to be notified of new SUCCESS VIDEOS for GYMNASTICS COACHES as they become available. Get your gymnastics coaching inspiration here! Become a VIP member today!
A LITTE ABOUT MYSELF AND THIS GYMNASTICS BLOG
I thought it may be a bit presumptuous to assume that those reading this blog would have any idea of my background in the sport of gymnastics. ALTHOUGH I AM A BIG DEAL (PEOPLE KNOW ME)…. I saw that on a t-shirt somewhere. Seriously though I have been involved with the sport of gymnastics as an athlete, coach, club owner, and administrator for the past 40 years. (yeh, I started at 18 months old). I have been the Junior Olympic Program Chair for USA Gymnastics and Region 5 for the past 22 years.
I own Twistars USA Gymnastics Club in Dimondale, Michigan, a program that has produced a fairly impressive resume of state, regional and national champions over the past 26 years. Some of our accomplishments include:
- Current elite athletes Jordyn Wieber and Grace Williams
- We have been represented at every J.O National Championships for the past 26 years (certainly one of the longest, if not the longest streaks in the nation).
- Our clubs win/loss record in State Championship competition for the past 26 years (levels 5-10) is an impressive 1998 wins and 58 losses.
- We have produced well over 40 national champions and 11 national AA champions.
- In excess of $3.2 million in college scholarships have been awarded to Twistars athletes.
- Ranked the #1 Women’s Gymnastics Club in the Country for 2009 by “Meet Scores Online.”
I mention the above accomplishments of the Twistars program merely to illustrate that success is the bi -product of a well organized and systematical approach to coaching. There are many ways to produce successful athletes but the common denominator is progressing with the sport through new ideas and gymnastics coaching education. Thus, I hope to stimulate and exchange of ideas, some of which may benefit your particular situation.
So perhaps I have some opinions that would be worth sharing. Perhaps NOT… I guess you can be the judge. I have been a blog surfer for a few years now and felt that there was a market for a coaches education, opinion, technique and strategy, blog that focused on the positives of the sport. That’s what I hope to accomplish here. Negative, trash talking, athelte/coach ridicule will not be posted. Respectful debate and opinions are welcome provided that they are presented as such. I hope you enjoy the opportunity to share ideas.